Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Spanish & English Translation?

Why is it that when there is a list of items in Spanish such as:

el libro

la pelota

los arboles

las nubes

they seem to always be translated as:

book

ball

trees

clouds

Why doesn't the English version include "the".

Now, I know the difference, but I feel that someone that is learning should see the entire phrase. Why not make the Spanish list without el, la, los, las. Just wondering.Spanish %26amp; English Translation?
When teaching a second or foreign language, a teacher is often faced with the question:

How can I facilitatethe learning process and at the same time save time and effort?



As you probably know, nouns in Spanish can be classified according to whether they're feminine or masculine, and on top of that, they have plural forms. So, if I give my students the corresponding definite articles, I am already telling him, that the word is singular and masculine (EL LIBRO). Isn't that much easier than wondering afterwards what you can use? Is it 'el' or 'la', or 'los' or 'las'????



On the other hand, why would I always write 'the' in front of nouns in English if it's the only one used?Spanish %26amp; English Translation?
In Spanish, the article is almost considered part of the word. I was told by one of my professors that people who don't ever use the article or who don't use it when needed sound illiterate and uneducated. So basically what I'm trying to say is that they are very important for proper grammar in Spanish.
  • day cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment