Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Translation help...am I hearing this correctly...English/Spanish?

I have been trying to make up some visual aids for my Spanish immersion cd's because they did not have written transcripts. I'm having trouble with repeating what I hear because the phrases are not broken down much, and the speakers go very quickly. I'm finding that my brain isn't keeping up so I can't repeat what is being said. I'm more of a visual learner, and didn't realize until it was too late that there was no transcript accompanying the c.d.'s. Can someone tell me if I have this written correctly?



The English translation is "and the beans are very spicy". Is "y los frijoles son muy picantes" correct? I am not sure if I am supposed to say "las" or "los" and "son" or "soy" (it is hard for me to distinguish these two words).



After using a combination of the c.d. and an online translator, I came up with "y los frijoles son muy picantes". The translator was different than what I hear, though.



I would greatly appreciate any help! Thanks in advance! :)Translation help...am I hearing this correctly...English/Spanish?
"and the beans are very spicy" = "y los frijoles son muy picantes"



- and = y



- the = los



(say "los" because it's the male form of the article and your next word, "frijoles" is a male noun.)



- beans = frijoles



- are = son



("son" = "are" , as in "they are" and "soy" = "am", as in "I am".)



- very = muy



- spicy = picantes/picosos



(both words are used in Spanish, although "picoso" is more like slang).
y soy frijoles son muy picantes.Translation help...am I hearing this correctly...English/Spanish?
y los frijoles son muy picantesTranslation help...am I hearing this correctly...English/Spanish?
im 99% sure your right... im not spanish but my husband is and i speak fluent spanish,..... but i never say im `100% on anything
yeah you are saying it right cause soy means am and son means are
yeah it sounds good.

No comments:

Post a Comment