Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Easy English/Spanish translation.?

I WANT TO SAY:

When I was four months old, my parents adopted me from Korea. I still don鈥檛 know why my biological parents left me. Maybe they were not able to feed me. Maybe they knew that I would never have any opportunity if I stayed in Korea. Maybe my dad died and my mom couldn鈥檛 take care of me, or my mom died and my dad couldn鈥檛 take care of me. Maybe they both died and I had nobody. I鈥檒l probably never know what happened. In 1993, my parents adopted me. Since then, I know that they are my parents. They always give me protection, advice, and, above all, love.



I HAVE TRANSLATED THIS TO:

Cuando yo ten铆a cuatro meses, mis padres me adoptaron de Corea. Todav铆a no s茅 por qu茅 mis padres biol贸gicos me dejaron. Quiz谩s ellos no pod铆an alimentar a m铆. Quiz谩s ellos sab铆an que yo nunca tendr茅 ninguna oportunidad si quedar铆a en Corea. Quiz谩s mi padre muri贸 y mi madre no pod铆a me cuida o mi madre muri贸 y mi padre no pod铆a me cuida. Quiz谩s los dos murieron y yo no ten铆a nadie. Probablemente nunca sabr茅 que aconteci贸. En 1993, mis padres me adoptaron. Desde entonces yo conozco que ellos est谩n mis padres. Ellos siempre me da protecci贸n, aconsejo, y sobre todos, cari帽o.



Please DO NOT insult my intelligence by copying and pasting some online translation you鈥檝e found. Those translations are done by machines and are always literal, word-by-word translations rather than translations of the actual concepts represented by the words.Easy English/Spanish translation.?
Instead of "Quiz谩s ellos no pod铆an alimentar a m铆" it should be said "Quiz谩s ellos no pod铆an alimentarme".



Instead of "Quiz谩s ellos sab铆an que yo nunca tendr茅 una oportunidad si quedar铆a en Corea" it sounds better like this "Quiz谩s ellos sab铆an que yo nunca tendr铆a una oportunidad si me quedaba en Corea".



Instead of "Quiz谩s mi padre muri贸 y mi madre no pod铆a me cuida o mi madre muri贸 y mi padre no pod铆a me cuida" it should be said "Quiz谩s mi padre muri贸 y mi madre no pod铆a cuidar de m铆, o mi madre muri贸 y mi padre no pod铆a cuidar de m铆".



Instead of "Desde entonces yo conozco que ellos est谩n mis padres" it is said "Desde entonces, yo s茅 que ellos son mis padres". (In spanish, there are differences between the verbs "ser" and "estar", that are comprised in only one english verb, "to be").



Instead of "Ellos siempre me da protecci贸n, aconsejo, y sobre todos, cari帽o" i would say "Ellos siempre me dan protecci贸n, consejo, y sobre todo, amor".



Hope this helpsEasy English/Spanish translation.?
Cuando yo ten铆a cuatro meses, mis padres me adoptaron de Corea. Todav铆a no s茅 por qu茅 mis padres biol贸gicos me dejaron. Quiz谩s ellos no pod铆an alimentarme.. Quiz谩s ellos sab铆an que yo nunca tendr铆a una oportunidad si me quedaba en Corea. Quiz谩s mi padre muri贸 y mi madre no pod铆a cuidarme o mi madre muri贸 y mi padre no pod铆a cuidarme. Quiz谩s los dos murieron y yo no ten铆a a nadie. Probablemente nunca sabr茅 que sucedi贸. En 1993, mis padres me adoptaron. Desde entonces yo s茅 que ellos son mis padres. Ellos siempre me dan protecci贸n, consejos, y sobre todo, cari帽o.

No comments:

Post a Comment